Monday, January 31, 2011

Swish Flip Swish

I've concluded that a sure-fire solution to the desires of any sympathy-seeking person is to take a job in filing. In the last three weeks that I have been filing at Disney, I have received apologies from my boss, my coworkers, and even random passers-by. "I'm sorry," runs the line, "I couldn't do that."

I don't understand the outpouring of pity. I started filing before I was old enough to work...legally. I organize for amusement. Of course, this is an odd little character trait by itself, but there is one further argument for filing that actually occurred to me in the midst of the swish flip swish of pages.

Filing is actually an ideal day job for a creatively minded person. What a paradox, I know! How can such a mindless, monotonous activity possibly contribute to the well being of a creative person? It's for that very reason! It's mindless, but, what's more, it's meditative! I can sit there for hours with nothing but the swish flip swish and shut off all of my brain except the creative side. While the senses focus on the pages, the mind focuses on the concepts. Since starting this job, my at-home productivity, after a day of brainstorming, is booming.

So to my covey of well-wishers, I raise a palm and say, "There is no need for your pity, for filing and I are old friends, and the more time we spend together, the more we get done. Now you may return to your exhaustion and groans on another Monday's monotone, while I and my files frolic in the silence of the mind. Boom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may add your condiments here.